Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 8: Reading and Writing

Hanuman mistaking the sun for a piece of fruit (Wikimedia Commons)

Website and Blog Check Up

This morning I went over my portfolio website and changed a couple of things on my home page.  I decided to go with a library theme for my website.  So, I am now the librarian of Mona's Bookshelf.  I added a link to my comment wall, so it would be easier for my fellow classmates give me some feedback.  Also, I added a story blurb section to the homepage, and I named it "Card Catalog."

I also changed the theme of my blog this morning.  I wanted it to have a little bit of originality, but not overwhelm the posts.  I chose a green background because it is my favorite color.

Reading and Stories

After reviewing my reading note posts, I think it works well for me.  I like writing short sentences in an outline format using bullets or numbers.  It is easier for me to quickly scan them when I start to write a story.  I have tried a few different things when I write.  That way I won't get bored, and I challenge myself.  For example, adding dialog, or trying the interview format.  So far my favorite reading has been the two graphic novels I read.  Tales of Durga: Tales of the Mother Goddess and Sundarkaand: The Triumph of Hanuman.  The art work really helps setting up the scene and characters.

Image

So far the image of Hanuman mistaking the sun for a fruit is my favorite.  First, Hanuman is my favorite character.  Second, the amount of detailing makes it an absolutely beautiful piece of art.

Looking Forward

Honestly, I think everything is working.  I don't have a problem making the deadlines, or trying new things.  Like all mechanics say, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."




No comments:

Post a Comment