Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna the Defender of Dharma Part D

Krishna reveals celestial form to Arjuna (Wikimedia Commons)

Written by: Shweta Taneja
Artwork by: Rajesh Nagulakonda
Part D: pages 102-151

Kurukshetra

  1. this is the great battle between Pandavas and the Kauravas
  2. the focus is the influence that Krishna had over the events of the battle
  3. Krishna is the adviser and guide to Arjuna
  4. Krishna shows Arjuna his celestial form
Krishna's Wit and Wisdom
  1. "Your pain is misplaced, for there is no wisdom in grief.  The wise are not deceived by death.  Nothing is permanent.  Everything is subject to change."
  2. came up with the plan to kill the elephant named after Drona's son, so Drona could be killed while he grieved.
Krishna's words when he showed his celestial form to Arjuna:

I am time.
I am the harbinger of death.
I am here to destory all that is unjust.
So rise and slay your enemies.
Fear nothing, for you are my instrument alone.
By me they are killed for their own actions.
Put aside your ego.  Discard the 'I'.
It is not you who does anything, but the 'me' inside you.
Surrender your consciousness to me, make me your anchor.

Remember,
I will help you cross all obstacles.
It is only if you are arrogant that you will not find your way.
You refuse to fight because you are vain,
Although, you will have to.
Remember, he who treats pain and pleasure equal,
And is swayed by none,
Is dearest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment