Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 8: Comments and Feedback

Growth Mindset Cats (Growth Mindset and Feedback Cats)


I would like to say that I truly appreciate all the feedback I receive from my classmates.  It helps me some much when I revise my portfolio stories.  Especially with  The Curse of the Praying Mantis.  All the suggestions about adding details about the shop wrecks and the goblins' powers really improved the story.  I hope all of you will do the same with my second portfolio story, The Exclusive Interview with Hanuman.  

When I give comments I tend to ask a lot of questions.  Usually I ask for more details about something I really liked about the story.  Also, I like to ask about characters thoughts and actions.  I am always curious about what drives a character to make the choices they do.  Finally, I always state in no uncertain terms about things that impress me.  All my classmates have come up with beautiful websites, and amazingly creative stories.

 I find that blog comments, especially the introduction posts, let me really get to know my classmates.  When I read an introduction posts I find that I always have something in common with the person.  It feels more like a community more than a class.  We all help each other out to achieve our goals and make the best projects we can.  All I can say about my personal blog and portfolio site is I write what I like and hopefully someone else finds enjoyment in it as well. 

Looking ahead I may make some changes how I give feed back.  I would like to try the Let's Pretend option.  It sounds fun and challenging.  I don't think I would change my introduction or comment wall, I tend to keep things simple to not overwhelm the viewer.  However, I did change my blog design to my favorite color. 


No comments:

Post a Comment